Thursday, November 6, 2014

NEW DT MEMBER - LISA-MARIE WATLING

Hello Everyone

I would like to welcome a new DT member to our group.

Lisa-Marie Watling.


My name is Lisa-Marie and I live in the MOST beautiful part of the World - Cape Town, South Africa.  I'm a wife to a gorgeous, supportive man and mom to an absolute delight of a daughter!

I am a "retiree" at the ripe old age of 39 (although some might say I'm a "kept woman"!).  In between school and extra-curricular running around, I find time to sit in my craft studio and attack whatever project I have lined up for the day.

I have always, always had a love and fondness for anything craft related - even as a very young child, I was always cutting, pasting, drawing, painting.  My grandfather was the only other really creative one in the family and taught me sketching, calligraphy, water-colour painting, etc.  He passed away before I really got into scrapping and I like to think that he'd LOVE to see what a wonderful art form it is.

I have dabbled in most crafts - but my heart lies in Scrapbooking, which I started out doing in 2007.  It is so expressive and so wonderful for capturing, enhancing and keeping memories!  I absolutely love how scrapbooking has evolved from being "just a hobby" way back when to an art form.  There is SO much inspiration out there and I absorb it all like the proverbial sponge!

I also love photography - and scrapping brings my two loves together!  What more could I ask for?  A bigger craft studio perhaps...?

I'm so excited about growing with Let's Scrap and I am very, very grateful for this wonderful opportunity!

And...

Here are some of my fave layouts of Lisa-Marie's.


What I love most about Lisa-Maries' layouts is the stories. Yes she is a wonderful scrapper with a lovely style but she is the most amazing story teller and that is so important otherwise they are just pretty pictures.


She does clean and simple so well too.


And... I had to use this one not only because I just love the layout and the colours but because I have a thing for shoes too... and these are gorgeous shoes.

So Welcome to our little spot on the web... I hope you will be very happy here and we are very excited to have you join our team.


Val

4 comments:

  1. So happy you are here Lisa-Marie! Looking forward to working along side with you on this great team at Let's Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you've joined us on the team! :D Looking forward to getting to know you better and to see all your wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lisa. Enjoy the challenge and they are so lucky to have you. Bravo :D

    ReplyDelete