Friday, February 20, 2015

Welcome Our New Design Team!!

We want to welcome our amazing new Design Team...

These girls will be inspiring you from March to August. 

Here we go...



Hi my name is Ada Nicholls and I live in beautiful South Africa. I am married to Bruce and have 3 children and 4 grandchildren. I am happy to say my hobby has become my job. (I hope that makes sense). My children cannot believe that I call it 'working'.
I am a freelance scrapbook teacher and have been for the last 12 years or so. I teach regularly at weekend getaways. 
I am also very proud to tell you my work has been published in our local Scrapbooking magazines. 
Creating layouts around my photos is just what I love doing. 
Busy layouts are for me and I love adding lots of embellishments. Never to take away the emphasis of the reason for scrapbooking - my photographs!!!!
I LOVE chipboard on my layouts as it gives it a bit of dimension.
I have just recently ventured into the world of mixed media and wow what an amazing hobby. Messy but lovely.
I am very excited and honoured to be back with the Let's Scrap team and can't wait to create around the lovely sketches and challenges they have for us.
You can catch me at: My blog: http://www.adaskits.blogspot.com/
On Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/adaskits/pins
On facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ada.nicholls



My name is Anne Jang and I live in Maryland. About 30 min from Washington DC. I hesitate to tell you where because we just finished building a new home and will be moving 10 miles down the road! But it does give us a new town and zip code! :). I am happy to be a new member of this design team. I love working with sketches and most of what you'll see me scrap are photos of my family. My husband of 17 years, 14 yr old daughter Sarah and the rest of our rather large family....(28 of us to be exact)!!!! Not only are we moving, but we are waiting patiently to hear from some high school acceptance letters for Sarah! D-Day (decision day) is February 19th, and we should hear from the archdiocese then....I'm happy to scrap during this busy time in our lives, because it keeps me accountable, and won't let me put Scrapbooking on the wayside!
You can find me on my blog - http://annesscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/annemjang?fref=ts



I began scrapbooking in college and immediately fell in love with the process of building layouts. As I learned more techniques and began to develop my own style, I also became interested in mixed media art, collage and encaustic. I am obsessed with supplies - pens, paper, glue, paint, canvas, pens, wire, gears... the list goes on and on. I have a hard time walking away from anything new I see at any craft store, especially if it has the name 'Tim Holtz' attached to it. I'm always experimenting with new tools and techniques and love finding new inspiration in the work of my fellow artists.
You can find me on my blog - http://thefarpavilion.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheFarPavilion



Hi, my name is Astrid. I am married and have an 8 year old son and two stepkids and I live in the Netherlands. I was introduced to scrapping in 2004 but then my son was born in 2006 I became more and more interested. I like simple layouts, I do not use many embellies and I almost never use flowers, instead of that I use paint, ink, stencils, stamps and washi tape. I always loved old photo's from my parents and grandparents and I am glad I have lot's of photo's from my childhood, the things I missed on all the old photo's was where they were taken or who we're on the photo so that's what I always do on my pages. I want to keep my memories alive for my son, so when he is older and I can't tell him anymore he always will have my scrapbooks that tells our story. 
I am so honored that I was asked to be on the team and would love to meet the other member around the world.. Thanks!



I am an addicted scrapper. I started about 8 years ago and I have about 30 completed 3 ring large albums. Once I start I can't stop. Plus I am a fast scrapper. I don't over think what I'm doing. I get an idea or see a sketch and I just start putting everything together and before you know it I have a completed layout. I don't feel I have to have the latest collections as I'm making my albums for my kids and grand kids to enjoy in the future and I know they aren't going to look at a page and think 'oh my she used a 3 year old papers'. My latest personal preference seems to be a lot of matting. I might mat a picture 3 times and I also like to mat the pattern papers I use too. I'm so excited to be on the "Let's Scrap DT" as I love double page sketches. I'm looking forward to seeing all of your layouts over the next several months. Happy scrapping everyone.
You can find me on my blog - http://barbgreenberg.blogspot.com/
and also on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/barbara.b.greenberg?fref=grp_mmbr_list



I am Calla and I live in New York, a little over an hour north of NYC. I am addicted to all sorts of arts and crafts, with scrapbooking being my favorite. I love to personalize things! I am a graphic/marketing designer by day, so many different layouts ideas are always floating around in my head. My husband and I are about to buy a house and truly start our life journey together. We are recently married (Aug 2014) and in the process of working on our wedding and honeymoon scrapbook... sorry for the overload of wedding layouts! I am extremely excited to be on the Let's Scrap Design Team again and get my albums completed.
You can find me on my blog - https://callascraftycorner.wordpress.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/mrslugnut?fref=ts



I'm Darcy, I live with my husband, our three girls and our ancient boxer/bullmastiff puppy Jake in Northern Ontario, Canada. I scrap when I'm not working, taking the kids to their various activities or when they are sleeping! My husband saw a scrapbook nine years ago at a birthday party we were at when my oldest daughter was one and he said, 'you have to do this.' I told him it was expensive and that's why I did digital. He said, 'this is so much better!' He is always the first one I show a completed layout to, and he supports my *habit* completely! I hope you don't get tired of seeing my girls, because they are in 99.99% of my projects!
You can find me on my blog - http://www.ourhouseofe.blogspot.ca/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ourhouseofe?fref=ts



My name is Heidi Williams, I live in Brisbane Australia. I have 2 children and a very patient hubby. I teach at a scrapbook shop and I teach at home. I have my own DT and I'm in another. I love to scrap and make OTP projects. My style is a bit vintage and mixed media but I like to try different things when I'm scrapping. 
I'm very excited to be on Let's Scrap Sketches DT and I can't wait to see everyone's work. I hope you join in with this fab challenge blog... 
You can find me on my blog - http://heidisscrappystuff.blogspot.com.au/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/heidi.williams.9843?fref=ts


I'm a little town girl married to a big city boy. We live in West Texas and have four very active kids. I'm an investment advisor by day and a paper-cutting, ribbon-tying, dye-spraying, edge-distressing, paper-crafter by night. I absolutely LOVE sketches and am so happy to be part of the Let's Scrap Sketches Team!!!!
You can find me on my blog - http://www.scrappinkaty.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katy.d.taylor?fref=ts



Hi, I'm Kristine... daughter, sister, wife, mother and auntie... but deep down I'm full of Shenanigans... I LOVE to laugh, love to create and love to share my passion of scrapbooking with everyone! My page stars are my family: husband Jaime of 22 years, daughter Olivia (20 years old), daughter Marissa (18 years old) and son Matthew (17 years old)... oh and I can't forget my furry babies, Chloe (Yorkshire Terrier) and Oliver (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel)!!!
We live in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada... which is about a 45 minute drive from the city of Vancouver. I can't imagine living anywhere else!
I've been papercrafting since 2005, evolving in my style and loving every minute of it! While I'm a traditional scrapbooker I have also started incorporating pocket pages throughout my albums, especially when documenting trips! I am starting my third year with Project Life Albums as I enjoy documenting the 'everyday' moments that way too :)
Teaching classes at events and workshops at home are so much fun and I love that I can do it... becoming part of a Design Team is another way to help inspire fellow creative people. I look forward to where this fabulous hobby will take me.. and I love that I won't be along in my journey!
You can find me on my blog - http://www.homewithstudiok.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kristine.ponte?fref=ts



I've always loved doing something creative - it's something I inherited from my late grandfather. The two of us would always be doing something together - calligraphy, water colours, pencil sketching.
I have dabbled in MANY artistic and creative forms, but I'm pleased to say that I finally found my niche; my therapy - SCRAPBOOKING! It ties together my love of story telling, getting messy with paper and photography.
I was introduced to scrapping by a good friend in 2007/8 and have not looked back. 
I am a Stay At Home mom to our gorgeous adopted daughter Isabella. Sadly, I lost my husband, soul mate and best friend on 25 November 2014.
My scrapping will now take a turn towards creating albums and canvases not only to celebrate the legacy of Travers, but also in creating story books for Isabella to pore over in the years to come - I will NOT let her forget what an awesome daddy she has!
This is my first stint as a Design Team member and I am truly humbled by that. I have also had one piece published in a local scrapping magazine, which made me extremely proud. Travers always knew that I could do it - he had more faith in my abilities than I did myself!
I am really looking forward to working with all these beautiful talented ladies on this team - and my wish is that in some way, I can inspire at least one person.
Love, hugs 'n light
Lisa-Marie
You can find me on my blog - http://bluebirdscrapper.blogspot.com/
and also on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lisamariewatling?fref=ts



I am 45 years old and married to my best friend. Mike understands my need to create and craft. We have 3 boys ages 23, 18 and 8. The younger two play baseball and we are super busy every spring and summer. I take a ton of pictures and am pretty good with brown inks that look like dirt! I love to create 2 page layouts and have gotten pretty good at 'boy-ing down' sketches to fit my need! I use my Cameo a lot!
I have an in-home daycare and take care of teachers kids. I really love these kids and their families and am grateful that I can be home with our youngest when he is not in school. I also can sneak a little crafting in at nap time!!
I have been scrapping for over 15 years. I love paper and can never have enough!! I like clean lines and aim to have my photos be the focus of each page. 
You can follow me on my blog: http://scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lori.j.apgar?fref=ts



First off I am a wife of 30 years to Ray and blessed with two beautiful children, Son 26 and Daughter 24. 
I was born and raised in Southern California and will always call the beach my home, although as my picture shows I love many other climates also as well as the Great North West where I currently reside. 
By day I am a Finance Executive in the Aerospace Industry, by night I am an avid and continuous learner of paper crafting. Besides these activities (scrapbooking, card making and art journaling) I also enjoy quilt making.
I have always had crafts in my life, as my mother is a multi-talented artist. Being an excellent teacher of 40 years in the school system and an award winner painter, she brought all types of media in the house to experiment with.
While I always kept scrapbooks, once my children provided me with so many wonderful events to remember my scrapbooking was taken to a level of recording their history.
You can find me on my blog - http://hb-mom.blogspot.com/
and also on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/martha.sterbens?fref=ts



Hi my name is Michelle. I'm a full time working mum and have 2 boys age 4 and 6. I have been crafting since May 2011. As DT member I hope to inspire other scrapbookers as much as they inspire me to try new things and techniques. Most of the time, I'm into inking/stamping/misting in my layouts. You'd also see some washi tapes being used on my creations every now and then. 
I am on the DT here at Let's Scrap, Kaboodle Doodles, Stick It Down and Sunny Side Up Creations. I had guest designed at Artist Cellar, CSI, Scrap the Boys and I have been published on E-zines - Life. Paper. Scrapbook, ScrapN'Art and Scrap Street.
My craft blog is at: http://scraposition.blogspot.com and 
Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/miclooi/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/miclooi?fref=ts



My name is Renee Johnson and I live in the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia. By day I coach gymnastics and look after my three children, whilst my nights are mostly for scrapbooking. 
Whilst I have always been into journaling and trying to record those precious moments and hilarious comments the kids come out with. I fell in love with scrapbooking whilst trying to find a gift for a family member who has absolutely everything. When I say how much better the photos looks rather than draby sitting in my album I became very hooked, and am still on a crazy mission to get through those albums and piles (and piles and piles) of photos.
After several years now of coping layouts in magazines, trawling the internet for inspiration and trailing new products I am finally 'getting there' and will greatly enjoy sharing my work with others and discovering new styles and trends. I am so excited to join the DT at Let's Scrap and can't wait to share my take on their fabulous sketches with everyone!
You can find me on my blog - http://reneewasaweener.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rgjohnson?fref=ts




Here is a little about myself... First off.. I am so excited to be part of this DT at Let's Scrap!! I am from Sweet Home Alabama, where I live with my hubs, David and 3 fur babies Spook (16), Turtle (16) and Blaze (4). I work full time - hey gotta pay for this obsession ;) - and use most of my free time scrapping.
I started scrapbooking 'officially' to do our wedding album, little did I know I would get sucked own the rabbit hole and still be collecting (ok - hoarding) almost 13 years later. I consider myself a pretty traditional scrapper, but I am starting to step out the box and incorporate different techniques like mixed media, layering and misting to name a few, on my layouts.
Outside of preserving my families memories I cherish all the friendships I have gained through scrapbooking. It is awesome knowing that our love of all things paper brings so many of us together!!
You can find me on my blog - http://savannascraps.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/savannalea?fref=ts



Hello Everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of the Let's Scrap Sketches Design Team!
 A little about myself... My name is Stephanie Johnson and I'm from Miamisburg, Ohio in the USA. I've been married to my partner in crime for fifteen years. We have two daughters, three dogs, two cats.. And if that isn't enough, I teach Eighth Grade American History so for about 9 months of the year, I have over hundred other kids that I'm in charge of along with the ones I live with! As busy as life can get at times, I find that sitting in my scrap room playing with paper restores my sanity and feeds my soul.
I think my love of scrapbooking does tie into my career. I love recording history of my family and telling their stories. I also love a good challenge! As a result, over the years, I've been on my local scrapbook store's design team until they closed two years ago. In addition, I've been involved in three online blogs and have been published twice in the Hobby Lobby Stamping, Stationary and Scrapbooking magazine. I can not wait to get started here at Let's Scrap and sharing my projects with you all!!
You can find me on my blog - http://sthom97093.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/stephanie.t.johnson.50?fref=ts



Hi this is Suzanne and I am obsessed with paper crafts. I live in beautiful Southern California, on the coast, with my husband. After teaching elementary school for 33 years, I retired a few years ago. Now my weekdays are spent caring for two of my four grandkids. They are all such a blessing! I started scrapbooking when my daughters were babies and all we had were stickers and stencils. Then five years ago I was introduced to the Cricut and I was hooked into the die cut machine world. I now use both the Cricut and Silhouette on many of my paper projects. I have been so inspired by other crafters and love helping others, so I started blogging, entering challenges and creating on Design Teams. One of my minibooks was even published in a Northridge Cricut magazine which was a thrill. Three years ago I began teaching classes at the local scrapbook store. I spend as much time as I can at Busy Bees Studio teaching, cropping and designing. I also design kits for Just Kitting Studio.com. I love to read, shop (especially for scrapbooking supplies) and of course spend as much time as I can with my grandkids. To me scrapbooking is an important legacy that you can leave your family. I am very excited to be part of the Let's Scrap Sketches team and hope to get to know many of you.
You can find me on my blog - http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/
and on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/suzanne.pipitone?fref=ts





14 comments:

  1. Congratulations to everyone and to you Lisa!
    P.s love this photo of you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see so many new faces and all the returning Dt's. Congrats to you all. I'm sure that LS is going to be bursting of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great line up...a few familiar faces and a lot of new ones. Welcome to Let's Scrap...I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to every one of you! Can't wait to see what inspiration you have in store for all of us here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you all, especially Heidi - Go Bris Vegas LOL!!! Looking forward to ALL that inspo from around the world too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all these awesome ladies. Lisa .... you are so special to so many of us and I am ecstatic for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeahhhh what a great team!! Especially to my awesome friend Astrid en sweet sweet Lisa.....love that picture Lisa!! Can't wait to see what you all create ❤❤❤ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Familiar and new faces! How lovely. Can wait to be inspired! Congrats to all the DTs at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the DT members!!! I can't wait to see your creations and be inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous international team! Well done ladies, looking forward to our creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to everyone.....look forward to seeing all your lovely work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations all of you. I am looking so forward to work with you again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Love to see both some old and some new faces here. Looking forward to see your creations and to be inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to all of you who made the team. This is going to be a very exciting term for all of us and I am thrilled to have such a lovely team together :D

    ReplyDelete